Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why a Stance Adjustment May Help You Play Better Golf

For the first two and a half years of my golf life, I could not understand why all of my shots were sailing off in directions I had originally unintended. It wasn't until later I figured out that my stance needed corrected that I began to play better golf.

I am sure you go to the range and you see people hitting inconsistent shots. Hooking, slicing, topping, or even missing the ball. If they corrected their stance, they could correct this problem, and essentially, play better golf.

Some things you may want to do to adjust your stance include,

1. Take a step back. Nowadays, graphite shafts are the standard for woods on the golf course. They are much more flexible than steel shafts. This means that in your downswing, the head of the club is going to hit the ball later than it would with the steel shafts. Taking a step back will have the club head meet the ball where you want it to.

2. Place a club at your feet pointing in the direction that you want the ball to go. Place your toes right up next to the club, and square your body to your feet. This will lock the direction of your ball flight. If you want to play better golf, direction is key.

3. What I like to do is, before my back swing, I place the head of the club behind the ball with the sweet spot centered. I lean the club against myself and bend my knees until the tip of the club meets my belt buckle. This way, I know the position I need to be in in order for the sweet spot to meet the ball.

Golf is a very difficult game, taking years of practice, these tips will give you a good beginning to being able to play better golf. For more tips on improving your game, visit my blog, The Simple Golf Swing.

By M Scherrah

Play Better Golf
http://the-simple-swing.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=M_Scherrah

No comments: