Monday, March 17, 2008

Magic, Magical - Here in This Shortish Article, You Will Find The Magic of Your Golf Swing, Maybe!

Frankly, I have not decided what to do with what I know. Sometimes I feel like all you wannabee golfers should have every bit of information that is out there so that you can play as well as possible. Yet, I am torn by the knowledge that most golfers, even if they knew, would not take the time or make the effort to use the magic . Why ?

Cause it ain't easy.

When I see a player making an obvious mistake, repeatedly in his or her play, and make mention of the mistake with a suggestion of a fix, you would not believe the excuses I get.

" Oh, I can't do it that way, I have an old injury. " Or .. "I know I do that, but my pro back home said it was ok to do it. " Or the one I love is this. " I used to be a 9 handicap, but I hurt my __________ and can't __________ anymore"

You can fill it in, it won't matter ! It's always something.

Did you ever hear that one? And last, this one. " Oh yeah, I just have not played for a while and that's what I do when I don't play" Ok ... so now that you know what it is ........ stop doing it!

News flash.

It is true that if you don't play much, it will be hard to score well. But trust me on this, if you have a good move you will still have a good move even though it may be a tad rusty.

So you see, I hate to waste good golf instruction on people who are full of excuses and will not use it, or worse, will tell others about it and get it wrong. That scares me.

I have thought about it and have come to the conclusion that it is not my private information. That you should know it all. And that if you don't use it, well that is your bad.

There is no way that I would not give someone help if they were open to it. But you should make a silent promise that you will not share this with anyone until you can do it. Deal?

Once again I am going to jump ahead and assume that you at least are in a good set-up position and that your grip is correct.

Here you must trust what I tell you. If you have not got a good setup and a good grip, it will not matter what I tell you from this point forward. You will not be able to what comes next.

So please, do your work on those two points. Anything short of perfection here is your own doing and will haunt you as you make a move to the ball.

Now take your grip and get into a proper setup, use a 7 iron or a 5 iron, not a driver.

Pick the club up straight in front of you using just your hands and wrists, do not bend your elbows, well, don't bend them much. A little is ok.

The club should be pointing exactly straight up into the air and your arms should be exactly parallel with the ground and be exactly in front of you.

There is no turn at this point.

Make absolutley sure you are in a very good setup position. Knees bent over the top of your shoes, back is reasonable straight and your chin is off your chest.

Ok..good. Now turn the left shoulder so that is over your right foot, keep you head still and make sure you take your arms and hence the club with you, but on the exact same plane as you had it. In other words do not change a thing, just turn.

If you did this right you will now be in the perfect backswing position for your body type, height and flexibility.

Now relax back to normal .. just for second. Ok , now do it again. Pick up the club in front of you. Use your hands and wrists to make the club point to the sky. Your arms are parallel to the ground. Now turn the left shoulder over to the right so that is over the top of the right shoe. Excellent.

Now for some magic. This is two moves done at exactly the same time.

Ready. Bump the left hip to the left and drop the right elbow down to your right hip.

STOP.

Inspect this position. Most important is the position of the clubshaft. It should be parallel to the ground and also parallel to the target line. It should also be 90 degrees to your right arm, right wrist . Your left arm should be close to your chest. And your posture should have remained the same as it was at setup. Mainly your spine angle.

These angles are incredible important. So pay close attention to them. They need to be in tact at impact.

They are your source of power and accuracy.

Do the above drill over and over. Check your position each time. You can do this in your living room.

There are magic results in your future if you will just pay attention to details.

By Paul Macleod

If you want to know if there are any real magic moves in the golf swing the answer is yes, there are four. You can learn the first one here for free and take it to the range for a spin, click here: http://www.ebooksbestbuy.com/golf

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Paul_Macleod

No comments: